Weston County, Wyoming - Assessor's Office
The Weston County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Weston County, Wyoming. You can contact the Weston County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Weston County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
1 West Main StreetThe Weston County Assessor's Office is located in Newcastle, Wyoming. Newcastle is the county seat of Weston County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Weston County Courthouse, at 1 West Main Street.
Weston County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Weston County Information
Weston County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Weston County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Weston County Tax Appraiser.
- The Weston County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Weston County.
- The Weston County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Weston County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Weston County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Weston County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Weston County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 307-746-4633. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Newcastle before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Weston County Courthouse at 307-746-2684.