Washakie County, Wyoming - Assessor's Office
The Washakie County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Washakie County, Wyoming. You can contact the Washakie County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Washakie County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
1001 Big Horn Ave.The Washakie County Assessor's Office is located in Worland, Wyoming. Worland is the county seat of Washakie County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Washakie County Courthouse, at 1001 Big Horn Avenue, Suite 104.
Washakie County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Washakie County Information
Washakie County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Washakie County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Washakie County Tax Appraiser.
- The Washakie County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Washakie County.
- The Washakie County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Washakie County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Washakie County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Washakie County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Washakie County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 307-347-2831. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Washakie County assessor's office at 307-347-9366. Please call the assessor's office in Worland before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Washakie County Courthouse at 307-347-3131.