Uinta County, Wyoming - Assessor's Office
The Uinta County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Uinta County, Wyoming. You can contact the Uinta County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Uinta County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
225 9Th StThe Uinta County Assessor's Office is located in Evanston, Wyoming. Evanston is the county seat of Uinta County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Uinta County Courthouse, at 225 9th Street.
Uinta County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Uinta County Information
Uinta County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Uinta County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Uinta County Tax Appraiser.
- The Uinta County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Uinta County.
- The Uinta County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Uinta County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Uinta County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Uinta County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Uinta County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 931-3415. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Uinta County assessor's office at 307-783-0336. Please call the assessor's office in Evanston before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Uinta County Courthouse at 307-783-0301.