Teton County, Wyoming - Assessor's Office
The Teton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Teton County, Wyoming. You can contact the Teton County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Teton County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 3594The Teton County Assessor's Office is located in the Teton County Administration Building in Jackson, Wyoming. Jackson is the county seat of Teton County, where most local government offices are located.
Teton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Teton County Information
Teton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Teton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Teton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Teton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Teton County.
- The Teton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Teton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Teton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Teton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Teton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 307-733-4960. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Teton County assessor's office at 307-739-8634. Please call the assessor's office in Jackson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Teton County Courthouse at 307-733-4430.