Sweetwater County, Wyoming - Assessor's Office
The Sweetwater County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sweetwater County, Wyoming. You can contact the Sweetwater County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Sweetwater County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
P.O. Box 730The Sweetwater County Assessor's Office is located in Green River, Wyoming. Green River is the county seat of Sweetwater County, where most local government offices are located.
Sweetwater County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sweetwater County Information
Sweetwater County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sweetwater County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sweetwater County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sweetwater County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sweetwater County.
- The Sweetwater County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sweetwater County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sweetwater County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sweetwater County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sweetwater County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 307-872-3700. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Sweetwater County assessor's office at 307-872-3998. Please call the assessor's office in Green River before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sweetwater County Courthouse at 307-875-9360.