Platte County, Wyoming - Assessor's Office
The Platte County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Platte County, Wyoming. You can contact the Platte County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Platte County property tax due date
P.O. Box 728The Platte County Assessor's Office is located in Wheatland, Wyoming. Wheatland is the county seat of Platte County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Platte County Courthouse, at PO Box 895.
Platte County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Platte County Information
Platte County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Platte County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Platte County Tax Appraiser.
- The Platte County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Platte County.
- The Platte County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Platte County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Platte County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Platte County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Platte County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 307-322-2858. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Platte County assessor's office at 307-322-1372. Please call the assessor's office in Wheatland before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Platte County Courthouse at 307-322-3555.