Park County, Wyoming - Assessor's Office
The Park County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Park County, Wyoming. You can contact the Park County Assessor for:
- Checking the Park County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
1002 Sheridan AvenueThe Park County Assessor's Office is located in Cody, Wyoming. Cody is the county seat of Park County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Park County Courthouse, at 1002 Sheridan Avenue.
Park County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Park County Information
Park County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Park County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Park County Tax Appraiser.
- The Park County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Park County.
- The Park County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Park County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Park County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Park County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Park County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 307-527-8650. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Park County assessor's office at 307-527-8649. Please call the assessor's office in Cody before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Park County Courthouse at 307-527-8500.