Niobrara County, Wyoming - Assessor's Office
The Niobrara County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Niobrara County, Wyoming. You can contact the Niobrara County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Niobrara County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
424 South ElmThe Niobrara County Assessor's Office is located in Lusk, Wyoming. Lusk is the county seat of Niobrara County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Niobrara County government, at 424 South Elm Street.
Niobrara County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Niobrara County Information
Niobrara County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Niobrara County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Niobrara County Tax Appraiser.
- The Niobrara County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Niobrara County.
- The Niobrara County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Niobrara County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Niobrara County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Niobrara County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Niobrara County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 307-334-3201. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Niobrara County assessor's office at 307-334-3013. Please call the assessor's office in Lusk before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Niobrara County government at 307-334-2211.