Laramie County, Wyoming - Assessor's Office
The Laramie County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Laramie County, Wyoming. You can contact the Laramie County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Laramie County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
310 W 19Th St Rm 400The Laramie County Assessor's Office is located in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Cheyenne is the county seat of Laramie County, where most local government offices are located.
Laramie County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Laramie County Information
Laramie County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Laramie County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Laramie County Tax Appraiser.
- The Laramie County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Laramie County.
- The Laramie County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Laramie County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Laramie County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Laramie County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Laramie County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 307-633-4307. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Laramie County assessor's office at 307-633-4474. Please call the assessor's office in Cheyenne before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Laramie County Courthouse at 307-633-4260.