Johnson County, Wyoming - Assessor's Office
The Johnson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Johnson County, Wyoming. You can contact the Johnson County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Johnson County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
76 North Main StreetThe Johnson County Assessor's Office is located in Buffalo, Wyoming. Buffalo is the county seat of Johnson County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Johnson County Courthouse, at 76 North Main Street.
Johnson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Johnson County Information
Johnson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Johnson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Johnson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Johnson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Johnson County.
- The Johnson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Johnson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Johnson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Johnson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Johnson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 307-684-7392. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Johnson County assessor's office at 307-684-5283. Please call the assessor's office in Buffalo before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Johnson County Courthouse at 307-684-7555.