Goshen County, Wyoming - Assessor's Office
The Goshen County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Goshen County, Wyoming. You can contact the Goshen County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Goshen County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
P.O. Box 160The Goshen County Assessor's Office is located in Torrington, Wyoming. Torrington is the county seat of Goshen County, where most local government offices are located.
Goshen County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Goshen County Information
Goshen County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Goshen County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Goshen County Tax Appraiser.
- The Goshen County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Goshen County.
- The Goshen County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Goshen County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Goshen County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Goshen County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Goshen County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 307-532-2349. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Goshen County assessor's office at 307-532-3251. Please call the assessor's office in Torrington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Goshen County Courthouse at 307-532-4051.