Fremont County, Wyoming - Assessor's Office
The Fremont County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Fremont County, Wyoming. You can contact the Fremont County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Fremont County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
450 N 2Nd St Rm 220The Fremont County Assessor's Office is located in Lander, Wyoming. Lander is the county seat of Fremont County, where most local government offices are located.
Fremont County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Fremont County Information
Fremont County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Fremont County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Fremont County Tax Appraiser.
- The Fremont County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Fremont County.
- The Fremont County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Fremont County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Fremont County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Fremont County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Fremont County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 307-332-1188. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Fremont County assessor's office at 307-332-1810. Please call the assessor's office in Lander before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Fremont County Courthouse at 307-332-2405.