Crook County, Wyoming - Assessor's Office
The Crook County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Crook County, Wyoming. You can contact the Crook County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Crook County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
P.O. Box 37The Crook County Assessor's Office is located in Sundance, Wyoming. Sundance is the county seat of Crook County, where most local government offices are located.
Crook County Assessor Contact Information
Crook County Assessor Address
Crook County Assessor
309 East Cleveland Street
Sundance, WY 82729
Crook County Assessor Phone Number
Crook County Assessor's Website
Additional Crook County Information
Property Ownership Maps View property maps
Crook County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Crook County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Crook County Tax Appraiser.
- The Crook County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Crook County.
- The Crook County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Crook County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Crook County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Crook County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Crook County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 307-283-2054. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Crook County assessor's office at 307-283-1400. Please call the assessor's office in Sundance before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Crook County Courthouse at 307-283-1323.
Find the tax assessor for a different Wyoming county
Find property records for Crook County