Campbell County, Wyoming - Assessor's Office
The Campbell County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Campbell County, Wyoming. You can contact the Campbell County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Campbell County property tax due date
500 S. Gillette AvenueThe Campbell County Assessor's Office is located in Gillette, Wyoming. Gillette is the county seat of Campbell County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Campbell County government, at 500 South Gillette Avenue, Suite 1300.
Campbell County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Campbell County Information
Campbell County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Campbell County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Campbell County Tax Appraiser.
- The Campbell County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Campbell County.
- The Campbell County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Campbell County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Campbell County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Campbell County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Campbell County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 307-682-7266. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Campbell County assessor's office at 307-687-6464. Please call the assessor's office in Gillette before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Campbell County government at 307-682-7283.