Winnebago County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Winnebago County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Winnebago County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Winnebago County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Winnebago County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
415 Jackson StThe Winnebago County Assessor's Office is located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Oshkosh is the county seat of Winnebago County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Winnebago County Courthouse, at 415 Jackson Street, Room 120.
Winnebago County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Winnebago County Information
Winnebago County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Winnebago County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Winnebago County Tax Appraiser.
- The Winnebago County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Winnebago County.
- The Winnebago County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Winnebago County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Winnebago County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Winnebago County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Winnebago County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 920-236-4778. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Oshkosh before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Winnebago County Courthouse at 920-236-4890.