Waushara County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Waushara County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Waushara County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Waushara County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Waushara County property tax due date
PO BOX 488The Waushara County Assessor's Office is located in the Waushara Courthouse Building in Wautoma, Wisconsin. Wautoma is the county seat of Waushara County, where most local government offices are located.
Waushara County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Waushara County Information
Waushara County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Waushara County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Waushara County Tax Appraiser.
- The Waushara County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Waushara County.
- The Waushara County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Waushara County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Waushara County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Waushara County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Waushara County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 920-787-0444. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Wautoma before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Waushara County Courthouse at 920-787-0442.