Waukesha County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Waukesha County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Waukesha County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Waukesha County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Waukesha County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
1320 Pewaukee RdThe Waukesha County Assessor's Office is located in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Waukesha is the county seat of Waukesha County, where most local government offices are located.
Waukesha County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Waukesha County Information
Waukesha County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Waukesha County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Waukesha County Tax Appraiser.
- The Waukesha County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Waukesha County.
- The Waukesha County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Waukesha County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Waukesha County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Waukesha County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Waukesha County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 262-548-7029. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Waukesha County assessor's office at 262-896-8037. Please call the assessor's office in Waukesha before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Waukesha County Courthouse at 262-548-7010.