Washburn County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Washburn County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Washburn County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Washburn County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Washburn County property tax due date
PO BOX 639The Washburn County Assessor's Office is located in Shell Lake, Wisconsin. Shell Lake is the county seat of Washburn County, where most local government offices are located.
Washburn County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Washburn County Information
Washburn County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Washburn County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Washburn County Tax Appraiser.
- The Washburn County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Washburn County.
- The Washburn County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Washburn County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Washburn County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Washburn County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Washburn County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 715-468-4650. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Washburn County assessor's office at 715-468-4699. Please call the assessor's office in Shell Lake before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Washburn County Courthouse at 715-468-4600.