Vernon County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Vernon County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Vernon County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Vernon County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Vernon County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Courthouse Annex, Room 108The Vernon County Assessor's Office is located in Viroqua, Wisconsin. Viroqua is the county seat of Vernon County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Vernon County Courthouse, at Vernon County Courthouse Annex, Room 207.
Vernon County Assessor Contact Information
Vernon County Assessor Address
Vernon County Treasurer
Vernon County Courthouse Annex, Room 207
Viroqua, WI 54665
Vernon County Assessor Phone Number
Vernon County Assessor's Website
Additional Vernon County Information
Pay Your Property Tax How to pay property taxes
Property Tax Search Tool Find Vernon County property tax records
Vernon County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Vernon County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Vernon County Tax Appraiser.
- The Vernon County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Vernon County.
- The Vernon County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Vernon County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Vernon County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Vernon County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Vernon County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 608-637-5367. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Vernon County assessor's office at 608-637-5557. Please call the assessor's office in Viroqua before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Vernon County Courthouse at 608-637-5381.
Find the tax assessor for a different Wisconsin county
Find property records for Vernon County
The median property tax in Vernon County, Wisconsin is $2,299.00