Trempealeau County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Trempealeau County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Trempealeau County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Trempealeau County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Trempealeau County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
36245 Main StThe Trempealeau County Assessor's Office is located in Whitehall, Wisconsin. Whitehall is the county seat of Trempealeau County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Trempealeau County Courthouse, at 36245 Main Street.
Trempealeau County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Trempealeau County Information
Trempealeau County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Trempealeau County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Trempealeau County Tax Appraiser.
- The Trempealeau County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Trempealeau County.
- The Trempealeau County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Trempealeau County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Trempealeau County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Trempealeau County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Trempealeau County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 715-538-2311-ext.-248. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Whitehall before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Trempealeau County Courthouse at 715-538-2311.