St. Croix County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The St. Croix County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in St. Croix County, Wisconsin. You can contact the St. Croix County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the St. Croix County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
1101 Carmichael RdThe St. Croix County Assessor's Office is located in Hudson, Wisconsin. Hudson is the county seat of St. Croix County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Government Center, at 1101 Carmichael Road.
St. Croix County Assessor Contact Information
Additional St. Croix County Information
St. Croix County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the St. Croix County Tax Assessor may also serve as the St. Croix County Tax Appraiser.
- The St. Croix County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in St. Croix County.
- The St. Croix County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The St. Croix County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in St. Croix County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting St. Croix County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the St. Croix County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 715-386-4645. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the St. Croix County assessor's office at 715-381-4355. Please call the assessor's office in Hudson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Government Center at 715-386-4610.