Shawano County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Shawano County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Shawano County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Shawano County Assessor for:
- Checking the Shawano County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
311 N. Main StreetThe Shawano County Assessor's Office is located in Shawano, Wisconsin. Shawano is the county seat of Shawano County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Shawano County government, at 311 North Main Street.
Shawano County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Shawano County Information
Shawano County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Shawano County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Shawano County Tax Appraiser.
- The Shawano County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Shawano County.
- The Shawano County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Shawano County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Shawano County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Shawano County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Shawano County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 715-526-6766. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Shawano County assessor's office at 715-526-6273. Please call the assessor's office in Shawano before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Shawano County government at 715-526-9135.