Sawyer County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Sawyer County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sawyer County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Sawyer County Assessor for:
- Checking the Sawyer County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 836The Sawyer County Assessor's Office is located in Hayward, Wisconsin. Hayward is the county seat of Sawyer County, where most local government offices are located.
Sawyer County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sawyer County Information
Sawyer County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sawyer County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sawyer County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sawyer County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sawyer County.
- The Sawyer County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sawyer County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sawyer County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sawyer County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sawyer County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 715-634-3564. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Sawyer County assessor's office at 715-634-3546. Please call the assessor's office in Hayward before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sawyer County Courthouse at 715-634-4866.