Rock County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Rock County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Rock County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Rock County Assessor for:
- Checking the Rock County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
51 S Main StThe Rock County Assessor's Office is located in Janesville, Wisconsin. Janesville is the county seat of Rock County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Rock County Courthouse, at 51 South Main Street.
Rock County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Rock County Information
Rock County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Rock County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Rock County Tax Appraiser.
- The Rock County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Rock County.
- The Rock County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Rock County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Rock County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Rock County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Rock County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 608-757-5610. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Rock County assessor's office at 608-757-5539. Please call the assessor's office in Janesville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Rock County Courthouse at 608-757-5660.