Racine County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Racine County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Racine County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Racine County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Racine County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
730 Wisconsin AveThe Racine County Assessor's Office is located in Racine, Wisconsin. Racine is the county seat of Racine County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Racine County Courthouse, at 730 Wisconsin Avenue.
Racine County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Racine County Information
Racine County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Racine County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Racine County Tax Appraiser.
- The Racine County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Racine County.
- The Racine County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Racine County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Racine County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Racine County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Racine County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 262-636-3548. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Racine County assessor's office at 262-636-3851. Please call the assessor's office in Racine before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Racine County Courthouse at 262-636-3121.