Price County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Price County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Price County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Price County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Price County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
126 Cherry StThe Price County Assessor's Office is located in Phillips, Wisconsin. Phillips is the county seat of Price County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Price County Courthouse, at 126 Cherry Street.
Price County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Price County Information
Price County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Price County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Price County Tax Appraiser.
- The Price County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Price County.
- The Price County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Price County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Price County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Price County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Price County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 715-339-2559. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Phillips before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Price County Courthouse at 715-339-3325.