Milwaukee County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Milwaukee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Milwaukee County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Milwaukee County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
901 N 9Th St Ste 201The Milwaukee County Assessor's Office is located in the Milwaukee County Courthouse, Room 102 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Milwaukee is the county seat of Milwaukee County, where most local government offices are located.
Milwaukee County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Milwaukee County Information
Milwaukee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Milwaukee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Milwaukee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Milwaukee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Milwaukee County.
- The Milwaukee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Milwaukee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Milwaukee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Milwaukee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Milwaukee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 414-278-4033. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Milwaukee County assessor's office at 414-223-1383. Please call the assessor's office in Milwaukee before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Milwaukee County Courthouse at 414-278-4069.