Marquette County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Marquette County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Marquette County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Marquette County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Marquette County property tax due date
77 W Park StThe Marquette County Assessor's Office is located in Montello, Wisconsin. Montello is the county seat of Marquette County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Marquette County Courthouse, at 77 West Park Street.
Marquette County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Marquette County Information
Marquette County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Marquette County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Marquette County Tax Appraiser.
- The Marquette County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Marquette County.
- The Marquette County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Marquette County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Marquette County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Marquette County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Marquette County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 608-297-3030. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Marquette County assessor's office at 608-297-7606. Please call the assessor's office in Montello before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Marquette County Courthouse at 608-297-9136.