Marinette County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Marinette County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Marinette County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Marinette County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Marinette County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
1926 Hall AveThe Marinette County Assessor's Office is located in Marinette, Wisconsin. Marinette is the county seat of Marinette County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Marinette County Courthouse, at 1926 Hall Avenue.
Marinette County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Marinette County Information
Marinette County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Marinette County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Marinette County Tax Appraiser.
- The Marinette County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Marinette County.
- The Marinette County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Marinette County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Marinette County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Marinette County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Marinette County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 715-732-7545. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Marinette County assessor's office at 715-732-7547. Please call the assessor's office in Marinette before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Marinette County Courthouse at 715-732-7406.