Lincoln County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Lincoln County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lincoln County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Lincoln County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Lincoln County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
801 N Sales StThe Lincoln County Assessor's Office is located in Merrill, Wisconsin. Merrill is the county seat of Lincoln County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Lincoln County Courthouse, at 801 No. Sales Street, Suite 105.
Lincoln County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lincoln County Information
Lincoln County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lincoln County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lincoln County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lincoln County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lincoln County.
- The Lincoln County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lincoln County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lincoln County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lincoln County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lincoln County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 715-539-1049. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lincoln County assessor's office at 715-539-8093. Please call the assessor's office in Merrill before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lincoln County Courthouse at 715-539-1019.