Kewaunee County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Kewaunee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kewaunee County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Kewaunee County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Kewaunee County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
613 Dodge StreetThe Kewaunee County Assessor's Office is located in the Kewaunee County Administration Center in Kewaunee, Wisconsin. Kewaunee is the county seat of Kewaunee County, where most local government offices are located.
Kewaunee County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kewaunee County Information
Kewaunee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kewaunee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kewaunee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kewaunee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kewaunee County.
- The Kewaunee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kewaunee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kewaunee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kewaunee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kewaunee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 920-388-7130. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Kewaunee before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kewaunee County Courthouse at 920-388-7133.