Kenosha County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Kenosha County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kenosha County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Kenosha County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Kenosha County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
912-56th StreetThe Kenosha County Assessor's Office is located in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Kenosha is the county seat of Kenosha County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Kenosha County Courthouse, at 1010 5th Street.
Kenosha County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kenosha County Information
Kenosha County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kenosha County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kenosha County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kenosha County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kenosha County.
- The Kenosha County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kenosha County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kenosha County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kenosha County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kenosha County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 262-653-2622. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kenosha County assessor's office at 262-653-2624. Please call the assessor's office in Kenosha before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kenosha County Courthouse at 262-653-2552.