Iron County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Iron County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Iron County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Iron County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Iron County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
300 Taconite StThe Iron County Assessor's Office is located in Hurley, Wisconsin. Hurley is the county seat of Iron County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Iron County Courthouse, at 300 Taconite Street, Suite 100.
Iron County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Iron County Information
Iron County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Iron County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Iron County Tax Appraiser.
- The Iron County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Iron County.
- The Iron County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Iron County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Iron County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Iron County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Iron County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 715-561-2883. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Hurley before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Iron County Courthouse at 715-561-3375.