Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Fond du Lac County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Fond du Lac County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Fond du Lac County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
160 S Macy StThe Fond du Lac County Assessor's Office is located in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the City Fond Du Lac County Government Center, at 160 So. Macy Street, 1st Floor.
Fond du Lac County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Fond du Lac County Information
Fond du Lac County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Fond du Lac County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Fond du Lac County Tax Appraiser.
- The Fond du Lac County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Fond du Lac County.
- The Fond du Lac County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Fond du Lac County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Fond du Lac County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Fond du Lac County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Fond du Lac County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 920-929-3135. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Fond du Lac before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Fond Du Lac County Government Center at 920-929-3000.