Florence County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Florence County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Florence County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Florence County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Florence County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
501 Lake Ave.The Florence County Assessor's Office is located in Florence, Wisconsin. Florence is the county seat of Florence County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Florence County Courthouse, at 501 Lake Avenue.
Florence County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Florence County Information
Florence County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Florence County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Florence County Tax Appraiser.
- The Florence County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Florence County.
- The Florence County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Florence County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Florence County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Florence County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Florence County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 715-528-3204. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Florence County assessor's office at 715-528-4762. Please call the assessor's office in Florence before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Florence County Courthouse at 715-528-3201.