Eau Claire County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Eau Claire County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Eau Claire County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Eau Claire County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Eau Claire County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
2807 Wellington Dr., WThe Eau Claire County Assessor's Office is located in the Eau Claire County Courthouse in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Eau Claire is the county seat of Eau Claire County, where most local government offices are located.
Eau Claire County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Eau Claire County Information
Eau Claire County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Eau Claire County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Eau Claire County Tax Appraiser.
- The Eau Claire County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Eau Claire County.
- The Eau Claire County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Eau Claire County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Eau Claire County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Eau Claire County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Eau Claire County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 715-839-4741. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Eau Claire County assessor's office at 715-831-5802. Please call the assessor's office in Eau Claire before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Eau Claire County government at 715-839-5106.