Clark County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Clark County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Clark County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Clark County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Clark County property tax due date
517 Court StThe Clark County Assessor's Office is located in Neillsville, Wisconsin. Neillsville is the county seat of Clark County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Clark County Courthouse, at 517 Court Street, Room 302.
Clark County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Clark County Information
Clark County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Clark County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Clark County Tax Appraiser.
- The Clark County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Clark County.
- The Clark County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Clark County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Clark County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Clark County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Clark County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 715-743-5155. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Neillsville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Clark County Courthouse at 715-743-5148.