City of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The City of Wauwatosa Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. You can contact the City of Wauwatosa Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the City of Wauwatosa property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
901 N 9Th St Ste 201The City of Wauwatosa Assessor's Office is located in Wauwatosa, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin.
City of Wauwatosa Assessor Contact Information
City of Wauwatosa Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Wauwatosa Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Wauwatosa Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Wauwatosa Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Wauwatosa.
- The City of Wauwatosa Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Wauwatosa Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Wauwatosa, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Wauwatosa about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Wauwatosa Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 414-479-8969. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Wauwatosa assessor's office at 414-479-8972. Please call the assessor's office in Wauwatosa before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Of Wauwatosa Courthouse at 414-278-4069.