City of Racine, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The City of Racine Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Racine, Wisconsin. You can contact the City of Racine Assessor for:
- Checking the City of Racine property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
730 Wisconsin AveThe City of Racine Assessor's Office is located in Racine, Racine County, Wisconsin. Racine is the county seat of City of Racine, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the City Of Racine Courthouse, at 730 Washington Avenue.
City of Racine Assessor Contact Information
City of Racine Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Racine Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Racine Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Racine Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Racine.
- The City of Racine Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Racine Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Racine, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Racine about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Racine Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 262-636-9119. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Racine before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Of Racine Courthouse at 262-636-3121.