City of Madison, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The City of Madison Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Madison, Wisconsin. You can contact the City of Madison Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the City of Madison property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
210 Martin Luther King Jr BlvdThe City of Madison Assessor's Office is located in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin. Madison is the county seat of City of Madison, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the City Of Madison Courthouse, at 210 MLK, Jr. Blvd..
City of Madison Assessor Contact Information
City of Madison Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Madison Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Madison Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Madison Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Madison.
- The City of Madison Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Madison Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Madison, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Madison about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Madison Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 608-266-4531. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Madison assessor's office at 608-266-4257. Please call the assessor's office in Madison before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Of Madison Courthouse at 608-266-4121.