City of Janesville, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The City of Janesville Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Janesville, Wisconsin. You can contact the City of Janesville Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the City of Janesville property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
51 S Main StThe City of Janesville Assessor's Office is located in the Janesville Municipal Building in Janesville, Rock County, Wisconsin. Janesville is the county seat of City of Janesville, where most local government offices are located.
City of Janesville Assessor Contact Information
City of Janesville Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Janesville Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Janesville Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Janesville Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Janesville.
- The City of Janesville Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Janesville Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Janesville, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Janesville about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Janesville Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 608-755-3045. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Janesville assessor's office at 608-755-3196. Please call the assessor's office in Janesville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Of Janesville Courthouse at 608-757-5660.