Burnett County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Burnett County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Burnett County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Burnett County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Burnett County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
7410 County Road KThe Burnett County Assessor's Office is located in Siren, Wisconsin. Siren is the county seat of Burnett County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Burnett County Courthouse, at 7410 County Road K, Room 120.
Burnett County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Burnett County Information
Burnett County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Burnett County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Burnett County Tax Appraiser.
- The Burnett County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Burnett County.
- The Burnett County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Burnett County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Burnett County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Burnett County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Burnett County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 715-349-2551. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Burnett County assessor's office at 715-349-2102. Please call the assessor's office in Siren before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Burnett County Courthouse at 715-349-2173.