Buffalo County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Buffalo County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Buffalo County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Buffalo County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Buffalo County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
407 S 2nd StreetThe Buffalo County Assessor's Office is located in Alma, Wisconsin. Alma is the county seat of Buffalo County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Buffalo County Courthouse, at 407 South Second Street.
Buffalo County Assessor Contact Information
Buffalo County Assessor Address
Buffalo County Property Lister
407 South Second Street
Alma, WI 54610
Buffalo County Assessor Phone Number
Buffalo County Assessor's Website
Additional Buffalo County Information
Pay Your Property Tax How to pay property taxes
Property Tax Search Tool Find Buffalo County property tax records
Buffalo County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Buffalo County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Buffalo County Tax Appraiser.
- The Buffalo County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Buffalo County.
- The Buffalo County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Buffalo County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Buffalo County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Buffalo County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Buffalo County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 608-685-6215. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Buffalo County assessor's office at 608-685-6284. Please call the assessor's office in Alma before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Buffalo County Courthouse at 608-685-6206.
Find the tax assessor for a different Wisconsin county
Find property records for Buffalo County
The median property tax in Buffalo County, Wisconsin is $2,047.00