Bayfield County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Bayfield County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bayfield County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Bayfield County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Bayfield County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
117 E 5Th StThe Bayfield County Assessor's Office is located in Washburn, Wisconsin. Washburn is the county seat of Bayfield County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Bayfield County Courthouse, at 117 East 5th Street.
Bayfield County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bayfield County Information
Bayfield County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bayfield County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bayfield County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bayfield County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bayfield County.
- The Bayfield County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bayfield County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bayfield County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bayfield County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bayfield County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 715-373-6132. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bayfield County assessor's office at 715-373-6153. Please call the assessor's office in Washburn before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bayfield County Courthouse at 715-373-6100.