Barron County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Barron County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Barron County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Barron County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Barron County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
330 E La Salle Ave The Barron County Assessor's Office is located in Barron, Wisconsin. Barron is the county seat of Barron County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Barron County Courthouse, at 330 E. LaSalle Avenue, Room 2401.
Barron County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Barron County Information
Barron County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Barron County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Barron County Tax Appraiser.
- The Barron County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Barron County.
- The Barron County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Barron County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Barron County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Barron County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Barron County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 715-537-6313. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Barron County assessor's office at 715-537-6318. Please call the assessor's office in Barron before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Barron County Courthouse at 715-537-6200.