Adams County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Adams County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Adams County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Adams County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Adams County property tax due date
The Adams County Assessor's Office is located in Friendship, Wisconsin.
Adams County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Adams County Information
Adams County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Adams County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Adams County Tax Appraiser.
- The Adams County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Adams County.
- The Adams County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Adams County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Adams County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Adams County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Adams County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 608-339-4525. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Friendship before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.