Wetzel County, West Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Wetzel County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wetzel County, West Virginia. You can contact the Wetzel County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Wetzel County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 156The Wetzel County Assessor's Office is located in New Martinsville, West Virginia. New Martinsville is the county seat of Wetzel County, where most local government offices are located.
Wetzel County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wetzel County Information
Wetzel County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wetzel County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wetzel County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wetzel County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wetzel County.
- The Wetzel County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wetzel County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wetzel County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wetzel County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wetzel County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 304-455-8216. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wetzel County assessor's office at 304-455-5256. Please call the assessor's office in New Martinsville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wetzel County Courthouse at 304-455-8224.