Upshur County, West Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Upshur County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Upshur County, West Virginia. You can contact the Upshur County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Upshur County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Upshur County Assessor's Office is located in Buckhannon, West Virginia.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Upshur County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Upshur County Information
Upshur County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Upshur County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Upshur County Tax Appraiser.
- The Upshur County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Upshur County.
- The Upshur County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Upshur County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Upshur County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Upshur County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Upshur County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 304-472-4650. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Buckhannon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352