Summers County, West Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Summers County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Summers County, West Virginia. You can contact the Summers County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Summers County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Summers County Assessor's Office is located in Hinton, West Virginia.
Summers County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Summers County Information
Summers County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Summers County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Summers County Tax Appraiser.
- The Summers County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Summers County.
- The Summers County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Summers County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Summers County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Summers County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Summers County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 304-466-7101. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Summers County assessor's office at 304-466-7128. Please call the assessor's office in Hinton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.