Raleigh County, West Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Raleigh County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Raleigh County, West Virginia. You can contact the Raleigh County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Raleigh County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
215 Main StThe Raleigh County Assessor's Office is located in Beckley, West Virginia. Beckley is the county seat of Raleigh County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Raleigh County Courthouse, at 215 Main Street.
Raleigh County Assessor Contact Information
Raleigh County Assessor Address
Raleigh County Assessor
215 Main Street
Beckley, WV 25801
Raleigh County Assessor Phone Number
Raleigh County Assessor's Website
Additional Raleigh County Information
Personal Property Search (Tax Records) Find Raleigh County property tax records
Property Tax Search Tool & GIS Map Geographical Information System
Raleigh County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Raleigh County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Raleigh County Tax Appraiser.
- The Raleigh County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Raleigh County.
- The Raleigh County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Raleigh County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Raleigh County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Raleigh County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Raleigh County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 304-255-9179. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Beckley before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Raleigh County Courthouse at 304-255-9123.
Find the tax assessor for a different West Virginia county
Find property records for Raleigh County
The median property tax in Raleigh County, West Virginia is $465.00